MVC4 made one simple and yet awesome improvement to View rendering that I don’t think many people are aware of. Have you ever had to conditionally add an attribute to an HTML element in your MVC View based on the presence of a variable?
The T4 template engine is insanely powerful. I didn’t really realize just how powerful it was until I had a use case for it today. I stood up a database with about 40 tables in it, and planned to use an ORM to access the database.
If you’re using the Web API as part of the MVC4 framework, you may encounter a scenario in which you must map parameters of strange names to variables for which characters of the name would be illegal.
Have you ever had to write a comparer for a specific type, only to be frustrated when you needed to write a second and third comparer for other types? Fear not, a generic comparer can take care of this for you!
I wanted to point people to this link at DotNetPearls: http://www.dotnetperls.com/binarysearchThey do an excellent, quick demonstration of List<T>.BinarySearch and show a graph that really drives home how much faster it is for large lists than a regular traversal!
One of the many things that I do at work is run a full-blown Search Engine which I also developed from scratch. This Search Engine feeds all product related information to our websites.
In the interest of self-improvement and sharing knowledge, I felt that I should share an update to my last post. I discovered a slightly better way to create the GetMimeMapping delegate/method via reflection that involves less casting and overhead, and is more Object Oriented in a sense.
I recently had a need, in an ASP.NET MVC3 application, to read raw HTML, CSS, JS, and image files from disk and return them to the user… A sort of “pass-through” if you will.
As of today I’ve been published in an e-Book offered for free by Red Gate!It is called 50 Ways to Avoid, Find and Fix ASP.NET Performance Issues and contains many useful performance tips which have been contributed by various members of the .
Most of us have been there: you’ve written a fantastic application that performs perfectly in your Development and/or QA environments, but in Production something goes wrong. Your application spins out of control, utilizing 100% of your CPU.